Chateau Noisy / Belgium


This opulent residence was built as a summer home for the family Liedekerke de Beaufort in 1866 by the English architect Milner, although he died before seeing its completion. The Château de Miranda, as it was called then, was owned and used by the family until 1958, except when it was briefly occupied by the Nazis in World War II. Afterwards, it was used by the SNCB (the Belgian national rail company) as a home for the railwaymen’s children and was renamed to Château de Noisy.
It was abandoned in 1991 and since then has been falling into ruins, though most of the exterior facade has still remained intact. The building has more than 500 windows and a characteristic clocktower which is 56 meters tall.
This location is certainly one of the most popolar and loved Urbex locations in Belgium, maybe even Europe. Unfortunately, it has deteriorated very fast, mostly through vandalism (bastards!) and wheather damage. Furthermore, some of the upper floor has been destroyed by a fire.
The photos of this series were taken in 2009.

One Response to “Chateau Noisy / Belgium”

  1. shan_dark 21. November 2011 23:55 #

    Das raubt mir fast den Atem – oh, dieses Chateau! Auf der einen Seite wunderschön, auf der anderen ist es wiederum schade dass es “abandoned” ist. Aber dadurch hat es auch einen ganz besonderen Flair. Mich wundert nur, dass es nicht für den Tourismus wieder aufgebaut wird. Es gibt eigentlich kaum etwas Anziehenderes als diese Location, solch ein Märchenschloss! Ich muss da wohl mal hin – danke für den Tipp und die stimmungsvollen Bilder.

Leave a Reply